Monday, September 14, 2009

USU Soccer Earns 100th Win

Aggie Soccer split their matches over the weekend, losing to UTSA on Friday and Dominating Houston Baptist a la a good old-fashioned Aggie Basketball whooping.

I wrote an article for The Statesman on the loss. My associate Steve Crass wrote about the win. I cannot post it here because of a conflict of interests with The Statesman, which really is lame, because the article that was published in today's paper is not on the website, and I don't want to get in trouble at work... So, I must forego the posting of the article until either The Statesman publishes it online or allows me to publish my own work.

In the meantime, here's what the USU Athletic Deptartment had to say about it.

The entire team is totally psyched about the 100th win for the USU soccer program in it's history. Overall, USU soccer has a losing record as a program, but this is a huge step for the program.

I want to give a huge shoutout to Shantel Flanary who scored two goals and had an assist in the dominant performance against Houston. Stefani Shiozaki also scored her second collegiate goal, and given the fact that Houston was held to one goal, also I'm giving props out to the defensive line in the backfield - Linsday Smart, Sidney Porter-Garner, Natalie Norris, and all the other Aggie defenders - for their excellent performance in this weekends matches. When you've got a goal differential of +3, that means that things are clicking, despite the split games.

Keep fighting Ags! You've got a huge match this week in Washington! Do Cache Valley proud! We believe in you!

No comments: